How Can We Piss Off Our Customers Today? A P&G Case Study

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
JR.

Re: How Can We Piss Off Our Customers Today? A P&G Case Study

Post by JR. »

Funny but sounds fake...

This is all about appealing to millennials so I cannot imagine if this would be successful, or not.

The Nike/Keapernick ad was panned too.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
mediatechnology

The OxyClean "Pods" work just as good as Tide Pods and taste much better.

Post by mediatechnology »

The P&G product replacement effort is working out well.

The Meyer's "Clean Day" hard-milled soap bars last about 10 days versus about 7 or so for the Ivory soap-scum bar.
Though its longer-lasting the Meyers does cost more.
It doesn't leave a film on me or the shower tile.
Meyers leaves me squeaky-clean.
This week, on my second Meyer's bar I'm lemon-fresh.
Slowly I'm shedding my toxic masculinity.

I couldn't find the Meyer's bars at Winco today so I bought Kirk's Castille soap.
It's about $7 for 3 bars.
When the Meyers runs out I'll review the Kirk's.

I do like Castille soap and use Dr. Bronner's Peppermint/Hemp Castille quite often during the summer.
The dog got bathed in it yesterday.
It also leaves me squeaky-clean and makes a great plant insecticide and flea killer.
The Peppermint Oil/Castille Soap dissolves insect exoskeletons so I figure it can't be all bad. :lol:
Mosquitoes hate it.

I'm digging the Meyer's Lavender dryer sheets.
So much I bought two extra boxes today.
They smell great and do leave fabric more soft.
Thanks again P&G: Meyer's Clean Day and I am forever indebted for these great new product-finds.
I'm buying dryer sheet futures.

The OxyClean "Pods" work just as good as Tide Pods and taste much better.
I foam less at the mouth with the OxyClean and it doesn't leave that bitter after-taste and kidney damage.
Seriously the OxyClean cost about half.
My golfing shirt - the one with 18 holes - has no new holes using the OxyClean so I think it may be just as gentle on my delicate fabrics as the Tide.
billshurv

Post by billshurv »

I've never bought into pods that make you use a fixed amount of detergent. Seems a way to maximise profits for bigChem(tm). sod that.

Over here laundry eggs are taking over. given that 90% of laundry only really requires a freshen up and then it's sweaty/muddy/bloody man stuff and very strange stains the kids have put on things I really ought to try them for the less toxic washes.

https://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/produ ... eco-balls/

You can get Vanish bars again. Hoorah. About bl**dy time.

I use dove soap these days. Cheap in bulk from Costco when on offer and multi use as has enough moisturiser in that I can use it for shaving as well.

Tight batsrad? me? You bet :)
mediatechnology

I had never heard of Vanish.
Found it at Amazon and the comments are very interesting. https://www.amazon.com/Vanish-Stain-Rem ... B002UOOJQK
There is still phosphate in British detergent?
We banned it in soap here but it's in lots of foods. Go figure.
I think its because they want us dead.
"De-population" food. Makes a great soap though.

I had some defective Tide Pods once which P&G replaced.
Their opinion was that being near the end of the date code and warehoused/shipped in summer that they had started breaking down and leaking.
The pods had stuck together.

Neither P&G and I wanted me to try and separate them to use fearing that one could burst and squirt into an eye.
Based on handling it for a short period of time, washing my hands and still feeling a slight burn I could sense that at least one of the 700 chemicals in it were pretty caustic.
P&G was pretty cool about the whole thing sending me a Visa debit card to buy replacement product and coupons.

The OxyClean pods have regular powdered OxyClean in them plus other fluid compartments.
The amount of OxyClean pods they recommend for a load is far less than the bulk OxyClean powder I would have used.
So I may end up using less and it being more efficient than buying bulk OxyClean.
billshurv

Post by billshurv »

The vanish powder and spray are ok, but the original bars are amazing. Only thing that would get grass out of white trousers (yeah why wear white when you are likely to go sliding across grass). Also makes you feel involved with the washing.

My current Rental is 100-150 years old, before indoor plumbing. The outhouse (wooden) still has the remains of the fireplace where you would heat the water in the copper for the laundry.
mediatechnology

There was a comment about the original Vanish bars on Amazon being able to remove just about any stain.
billshurv wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:41 am My current Rental is 100-150 years old, before indoor plumbing. The outhouse (wooden) still has the remains of the fireplace where you would heat the water in the copper for the laundry.
I remember the water jacket in my Grandmother's wood-burning stove "King David." By the time I knew her King David was sitting in the front yard.

When I was much younger I briefly stayed in a 300 year-old cottage in Stonesfield that was owned by SSL. The first night as I was laying in bed trying to go to sleep I thought "how many people have died in this room?" Having grown up in Texas in the house my Dad built and with most buildings here being more modern I had never had to contemplate that. I guess I got over it: I sleep in the bedroom my Dad died in.

After 65 years I guess this house is starting to have some history.
JR.

Post by JR. »

I am pretty impressed by how well the dishwasher soap pods work, but the laundry versions never seemed very effective in my washing machine. It could also be because my washing machine and dryer are several decades older than my dishwasher... :lol:

I am cheap and notice the cheap razor/expensive blades game plan we see copied across many industries (like HP ink jet printers). Recently I resisted buying some replacement electric toothbrush brushes because of a crazy way too high price tag. The Walmart generic replacement brushes for roughly 50% work differently.

Just to see I bought a new cheap electric toothbrush from walmart for around $7, so half of what the cheaper generic replacement brushes were. The cheap brush does not have rechargeable batteries, or charger but I have both from all my solar lamps. I am pleasantly surprised by the operation of the cheap brush and can deposit it into the land fill when it ultimately stops, as it likely will. :lol:

JR
mediatechnology

I use the dishwasher pods too. They are very convenient.

My washing machine is a modern old-school top loader by Speed Queen.
The pods and liquid seem to work better and leave less powdery residue than powdered detergent which makes the dryer motor last longer.
JR.

Post by JR. »

mediatechnology wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:02 pm I use the dishwasher pods too. They are very convenient.

My washing machine is a modern old-school top loader by Speed Queen.
The pods and liquid seem to work better and leave less powdery residue than powdered detergent which makes the dryer motor last longer.
I don't remember when I bought this washer/dryer set new but it was since I lived here, so within last 30 years. Decent old school GE units. One strategy I use with the washing machine is to let it fill with water first, then add detergent and run for several seconds to mix the (liquid) detergent into the wash water. I have a bad habit of using a little clorox even with my colored clothing, so occasionally have Chinese dyes fade in a tie-die throwback without the psychedelic patterns. I find that agitating the wash water dilutes the bleach so reduces discoloration. Then I add the clothes. Sometimes I will let the dirty clothes soak in the soapy wash water for hours before washing. Over the last few weeks of dirty yard work the machines have performed well. For dress shirts with ring around the collar, I will sometimes put some liquid dish soap on the collar before it throw it into my hamper and let it soak like that for days.

These are way past due wrt modern feature sets, but I am cheap and they still work so will wait until one or both give me a good reason to replace them. On top of that I do not trust some of the high efficiency designs that generate so many complaints from users. Hopefully the newer technology is now mature enough to have worked out those bugs.

JR
mediatechnology

I don't like the high efficiency units either and I see the Bosch repair truck across the street a lot.