Amazon.com mp3 Downloads

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
mediatechnology

Amazon.com mp3 Downloads

Post by mediatechnology »

After giving up on iTunes around version 5 or so - when they "broke" Jhymn - I've been looking for an alternative. I just had a chance to try Amazon's DRM-free mp3 service and they had about 10 of the 13 songs I was looking for. Although you can download their application to automatically place the files in iTunes or Windows Media I chose to skip that step. Clicking "Buy" simply downloads the file to to your hard drive in mp3 VBR format. Nothing could be simpler.

Since I normally trim, normalize and tag every file, I have to convert VBR mp3 via WinAmp to wav files in order to open them in CoolEdit. Other than that extra step it's just one click from site to local file for only 99 cents. Amazon's search engine will not spell correct so you need to know exactly what you're looking for. "Sylvia Bennet" will not return Sylvia Bennett. So far I'm really pleased. It should have been this simple all along.