have you hugged your computer today?

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
JR.

have you hugged your computer today?

Post by JR. »

I can't help reflecting upon how good we have it compared to the bad old (pre cheap computer power) days.

I just got in a shipment of bottom metal (made in TX) for my new generation product design and it fits perfectly into my injection molded plastic clamshell (made in TX but tooled in China, that also fit perfectly with PCB (china) and faceplates (MA) all built by separate vendors.

back in the old days it was design, then prototype to see how it fit, than tweak and try again, then maybe by the third try we have stuff that actually fits together.

This is so much better....

Now If we could figure out a way that I could talk directly to my vendors computers without having to deal with humans in between, it would be perfect. :D

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
mediatechnology

Re: have you hugged your computer today?

Post by mediatechnology »

Express PCB comes pretty close. I've never had to contact a human there.

Have you downloaded a Chinese character set?

Glad everything fit.
JR.

Post by JR. »

mediatechnology wrote:Express PCB comes pretty close. I've never had to contact a human there.

Have you downloaded a Chinese character set?

Glad everything fit.
I don't plan to learn Chinese or japanese, but I have long been worried that the operating systems for newer generation microprocessors might be in other than english. I probably don't have to worry about that for my lifetime, and since we are talking to machines precise translation should be possible.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
mediatechnology

Post by mediatechnology »

...I have long been worried that the operating systems for newer generation microprocessors might be in other than english. I probably don't have to worry about that for my lifetime, and since we are talking to machines precise translation should be possible.
Machine to machine translation IS possible: