Wouldn't want this job...

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
JR.

Re: Wouldn't want this job...

Post by JR. »

A nuclear colonoscopy 8-)

The NRC here recently approved an improved design approach using gravity feed, instead of electric pumps to supply cooling water to reactor cores,,, of course there will always ben opportunity for human error, but the new approaches should be safer.

I wish they would leapfrog to the newer nuclear cycles that are self quenching, so to turn them off, you just stop turning them on... basically safer from runaway, but being a new unproved technology, untested.

I believe the nuclear program in India is testing this new approach so perhaps they can figure out the details. We are still building the old school technology
that should be well understood.

I expect nuclear to be obsolete in 100 years or less, but don't plan to be around to see that... Maybe by then solar cells will be effective enough or maybe we will just capture all the energy from weather and our magnetic field.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
JR.

Re: Wouldn't want this job...

Post by JR. »

The gravity feed is in the designs now being built.

Even with the natural disasters, there were human errors contribution to the problems.

We should be a little smarter now but no technology is human proof...

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.