Project for this summer

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
JR.

Project for this summer

Post by JR. »

While I don't need more projects, I think I will experiment with making a slow "crock pot" like cooker using a Peltier heat transfer module. It seems like this would be a nice idea for counter top cooking in the summer months while simultaneously cooling down the kitchen. :lol: :lol:

I'm thinking I can nest a heat transfer module between two large thick bottom aluminum pots. With thermal insulation between the two. The outer pot becomes my cold side heat sink and the inner pot is the hot side to heat the food. The Peltier units don't like water so I need to seal off the module, perhaps a third cooking vessel that sits inside the hot pot. That way I can remove it to clean.

Anybody mess with Peltier devices before?

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
mediatechnology

Re: Project for this summer

Post by mediatechnology »

A friend and I played around with some removed from 12V ice chests.

Your idea seems like a good one.
JR.

Re: Project for this summer

Post by JR. »

I did a patent search on this a couple years ago and chased down the inventor, He was not close to selling a commercial product.

I have long though that the kitchen freezer/refrigerator needs to be combined with a hot water output. Excess hot water needs to dump into hot water tank for use. With enough heat storage capability this effect could be used to heat/cool homes.

JR

The ancients are always stealing my ideas.
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.