An Honest Telemarketer?

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
mediatechnology

An Honest Telemarketer?

Post by mediatechnology »

I get a bazillion telemarketing calls and one just jumped off the caller ID.
You can't beat this firm's honesty.
Caller ID reads:

"Illegal Scam"
"313-355-5255"
JR.

Re: An Honest Telemarketer?

Post by JR. »

The odds are they aren't calling themselves that, but at least the phone company is calling a spade a spade.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
emrr

Post by emrr »

Amazing
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
mediatechnology

I once told a telemarketer who had been repeatedly calling: "Look I know that you're trying to steal my identity. Why don't we just end the pitch and cut to the chase right now and I'll give you my social security number and ID."

Off course I wasn't going to give him any info but his reaction was priceless. First he laughed and then said "No, that won't be necessary, thank you and have a nice day."
I never heard from that number again.

This is one of my all-time favorites: "Do you realize you just called a murder scene?" "What was your relationship to the deceased?" (Tom Mabe on the "Bob and Tom Show.")
JR.

Post by JR. »

My favorite cold calls are the ones that begin with this is not a survey and we aren't trying to sell you something.... click... :lol:

Just like in politics people often say exactly the opposite of what they really mean.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
Gold

Post by Gold »

The best phone conversation I've heard lately was when i was visiting Richard at Leeds Radio. He suffers no fools. He got a call from someone on the sub continent calling themselves Steve. Before the guy could get a word in Richard asked him for a good biriyani recipe. He wouldn't quit. Finally the guy gave up. It was hillarious.
mediatechnology

The best phone conversation I've heard lately was when i was visiting Richard at Leeds Radio. He suffers no fools. He got a call from someone on the sub continent calling themselves Steve. Before the guy could get a word in Richard asked him for a good biriyani recipe. He wouldn't quit. Finally the guy gave up. It was hillarious.
Speaking of Richard I've been meaning to post a link to his etsy store. I love looking at Leed's stuff particularly the Nixie tubes: https://www.etsy.com/shop/LeedsRadio