Rane sold to DJ company

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
JR.

Rane sold to DJ company

Post by JR. »

http://djworx.com/breaking-rane-sold-inmusic/

I hope this does not affect access to the Rane library of technical notes.

They are copyrighted by Rane. I would sure hate to see them get lost in the future.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
Gold

Re: Rane sold to DJ company

Post by Gold »

The Rane papers are great. The company that bought it seems like a good fit on the face. They own Alesis, Deneon DJ and a couple of others that look like a good fit. I have never heard of the company that bought them. It sounds like the Rane founders want to retire.
JR.

Re: Rane sold to DJ company

Post by JR. »

raf wrote:+1 on the Rane papers!
Sure hope they stay around.
I have been reading JR's and Dennis Bohn's writings since the 70s and became part of my "education" in electronics, along with all the books I bought over the years.

The free flow of information is a wonderful thing
Here's a perhaps interesting anecdote about me and Dennis. I didn't know him other than his early National Semi writing, which i devoured like everybody else. What I didn't know is that he was a fan of my "Audio Mythology" column, that I wrote for RE/P magazine. Shortly after I went to work at Peavey I stopped writing the column. Dennis apparently thought I was some old gray hair who died.

The introduction of this article he wrote back in the '80s reads like an eulogy for me, 30 years ago. :lol: :lol:
http://www.rane.com/note115.html

After his article ran, I looked him up at the next trade show we were both at and introduced myself. He looked like he has just seen a ghost and we both had a good laugh. 8-)

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.