bike boy stuff....

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
mediatechnology

Re: bike boy stuff....

Post by mediatechnology »

Though a thorn wasn't your problem this time maybe you should consider "thorn-proof" tubes.

They're heavier and usually better-made.
JR.

Post by JR. »

I ride on paved roads so don't encounter that kind of hazard. I expect the new decent quality tubes to work adequately.

I suspect the tube that failed was extremely cheap (either old surplus or substandard manufacture) ...

The tires that came on the bike were some obsolete model not still being made.

I didn't even consider patching the leak because of how it looked (not a round puncture hole, but a linear tear parallel to a seam).

I had low expectations, just not quite this low. :roll:

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
harlantk

Post by harlantk »

Nice thread JR, as an "old" biker, is nice to see a bit o what's happening with someone. I never did get into Sport biking but did some racing then went for the climb the summits in Colorado. The memories your sharing has rekindled in my brain ... well thank you.
I still have several boxes of parts as well as my custom bikes. Just can not part with them.

Tim
JR.

Post by JR. »

I joked that I was buying a new bike one part at a time when I replaced most of the running gear in my used Townie... when the bottom bracket started making noise I said no mas...(I'm a little tired of buying all the specialized tools). Hopefully the new bike won't require as much service.

I never competed in a pure bike race but did one duathlon, that was a run-bike-rune. I pretty much caught up to and passed back, all the people that passed me during the bike stretch where I was challenged, during the final run part (back when I could still run) :oops:

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.