ExpressPCB Prepares for Solar Eclipse

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
mediatechnology

ExpressPCB Prepares for Solar Eclipse

Post by mediatechnology »

Due to UPS delays from a million visitors...
ExpressPCB® is located inside the 100% totality zone for the eclipse and we are excited to experience this natural phenomenon with our neighbors and with the world. And it seems the world is coming here to see us. The office of Tourism for the State of Oregon predicts Oregon will welcome over a million visitors (about 25% of our total state population) to watch the event.

Unfortunately, UPS® has advised that with so many extra people on the roads on Monday, they will be counting August 21 as a non-guaranteed ship day* for our location.
https://www.expresspcb.com/expresspcb-p ... r-eclipse/
JR.

Re: ExpressPCB Prepares for Solar Eclipse

Post by JR. »

I whipped up a DIY pinhole projector with a couple pieces of paper. Not a very large image but clearly the eclipsed sun.

I showed it to some locals standing around in front of nearby shop and puke, and they thought it was magic.... :roll:

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
mediatechnology

Post by mediatechnology »

My wife and I did the same thing.

I made a pinhole projector from a cardboard tube with an aluminum foil aperture.
It was about 80% here and the light we got at the peak was very weird.

Now that the eclipse is over I'll order those boards from ExpressPCB tomorrow.
Not suspicious (lol) but didn't want to submit my layout during a total eclipse.

And speaking of entropy the forum's dbf server crashed on the 20th...
We rolled back to a 10 PM August 19th backup.
emrr

Post by emrr »

We were 90%+ here, it was interesting how dark it DIDN'T get considering, though it was obvious. We had a 100% annular eclipse in 1984 that did go almost to twilight. I pulled out a couple of old home made pinhole cameras and robbed their more 'precision' lenses, but really the reverse binoculars trick worked the best. I also cut another hole beside the pinhole sense in one camera so I could point an external camera into it, but it wouldn't focus well on the sun. It did take some interesting camera obscura shots though. I was expecting black paper to give a better image, but white won the day.
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders