The Earth is Flat

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
mediatechnology

The Earth is Flat

Post by mediatechnology »

The Flat Earth International Conference in Raleigh, North Carolina, attracted hundreds of attendees who believe the shape of the Earth is a disc instead of a sphere.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3vcSab13Sk

JR.

Re: The Earth is Flat

Post by JR. »

Yes, the Beeb takes great pleasure at making us look stupid... a couple hundred out of hundred's of millions is a PPM. :o

I wonder if the BBC will cover the flat earth conventions scheduled in the UK next year ? :lol:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1831770150484604/

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
mediatechnology

I've seen the curvature of the earth several times at altitude.

The response was "the windows are engineered to make it look that way."
I asked: "The cockpit window?"
I've been to about 30,000 feet in the right seat as a kid.

In the California, Arizona and New Mexico deserts you can see it in roadways from the tops of hills, ranges and mesas.
JR.

Post by JR. »

It is perfectly fine to dispute scientific theory and even propose your own theories, but in the end experimental proof matters and there much more proof that the earth is not flat. I worry about the deterioration of scientific awareness in the public, but this (flat earth society) is just a tiny outlier group of whackos, not some trend.

JR
emrr

Post by emrr »

I was just as the beach, giggling about these folks seeing the curve on the horizon as a disk edge. oh boy. The fracturing of public conversational channels allows more people to fall in the ditches, perhaps an unavoidable byproduct of the greater number of conversations.
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
JR.

Post by JR. »

emrr wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:57 am I was just as the beach, giggling about these folks seeing the curve on the horizon as a disk edge. oh boy. The fracturing of public conversational channels allows more people to fall in the ditches, perhaps an unavoidable byproduct of the greater number of conversations.
I guess you could pop over to Raleigh and slap a few up side of the head.... :lol:

JR
emrr

Post by emrr »

I see the rocket man has postponed his launch. Doubt it's because he's thought better of it.
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
JR.

Post by JR. »

The Chinese just sent an envoy to NK no doubt to discuss something other than support for his rogue behavior.

It would be crazy for NK to attack the US as he would surely receive worse in return, but it would likewise be crazy to give up his nuclear ambitions like Gaddafi did (before he was deposed).

I do not think he is as crazy as he pretends.

JR

PS: Sorry about the political veer.
mediatechnology

You guys must have thought I meant to write "The Earth is Flattened." :lol:

I would really enjoy meeting some of the flat-earthers at the convention. They look like they'd be fun at parties.