Bootstrapped Op Amp Articles

A resource for technical documentation. Datasheets, application notes, instruction manuals, books and links to resources are found in the Document Library.
mediatechnology

Re: Bootstrapped Op Amp Articles

Post by mediatechnology » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:55 am

I moved discussion of the following "Voltage-bootstrapped current-boosted NE5534 swinging op amp for audio line driver providing +27 dBu into 600Ω" circuit to here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=927

Voltage-bootstrapped current-boosted NE5534 swinging op amp for audio line driver providing +27 dBu into 600Ω
"We have grown to love our captors and demonize those that try to lead us to freedom."

mediatechnology

Re: Bootstrapped Op Amp Articles

Post by mediatechnology » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:12 pm

I happened to be looking at the dBx 160 output stage today and happened to notice that its op amp supply rails appear to be voltage-bootstrapped by a tap on the output stage bias divider string.

I saved this schematic years ago as an example of a ground-compensating output.

Never noticed the mild bootstrapping until today. It looks like at 0V output the LM301 is seeing about +/-19V.

dBx 160 Ground-compensating voltage-bootstrapped line driver output with turn-on mute.
"We have grown to love our captors and demonize those that try to lead us to freedom."