Single supply op-amp recommended for general audio applicat?

Where we discuss new analog design ideas for Pro Audio and modern spins on vintage ones.
b1gtuna

Single supply op-amp recommended for general audio applicat?

Post by b1gtuna »

Hello everyone. I have been using the NE3354 which has +-12volt supply rails (dual supply).

Now my goal is actually not to drive big speakers. So I think i don't need massive peak voltages.

Can you guys please recommend a single supply op-amp with low supply voltage (=<5v).

Thanks!
JR.

Re: Single supply op-amp recommended for general audio appli

Post by JR. »

I don't have any practical experience to share. Back about 10 years ago when I research low voltage/current op amps for a battery app I was disappointed by quirks about the offerings, and just used an old school regular TL064 (lower current 07x).

Since then I have seen some nice CMOS stuff from microchip like LDO 3.3V regulators etc, so I suspect their CMOS op amps might be worth checking out.

I would look at something like TI's full list of opamps then just select for low rail voltage,

Be prepared to test in circuit as you plan to use them, I found some funny behavior a decade ago.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
mediatechnology

Re: Single supply op-amp recommended for general audio appli

Post by mediatechnology »

From the Rane website:
Texas Instruments (TI) offers some interesting candidates in the single-supply RRIO arena. Of particular use are the singles, duals and quads in each series. If you only have 3 volts, or less, take a look at the TLV2361/2362 series, TLV2460 series, and the TLV2780 series. If you have at least 5 volts, then check out the TLC070 series, TLC2201/2202 series, and the TLC2272/2274. Full data available at TI's website (www.ti.com search by series number).
http://www.rane.com/hilovolt.html