That1580 mini mixer

Where we discuss new analog design ideas for Pro Audio and modern spins on vintage ones.
AnalogJoe

Re: That1580 mini mixer

Post by AnalogJoe » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:10 am

weroflu wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:00 am
c12,14.16 gone.

Metering will be done post unbalancing right before the 5k mixing resistors. Going with attiny84 somethings on each channel card, 10 leds, will try to emulate an lm3916 with the mcu. low current leds and peak metering should not be too much of a current draw. (led color render is messed up, it's supposed to show as 8 greens, 1 yellow, 1 red)

I'm hoping that those mini jacks (which are soldered to the motherboard) will squeak into the tins.

That's about it for the design I think. The rest is making it work and writing code.
Hopefuly OLED technollogy will die soon, OLED displays have their days numbered, my U1273A meter has an OLED display, I regret buying it every day, at first it lwas beautiful to look at, now its impossible to read because the display is so dark, it makes sense since it has organic materials which decay over time, I had to buy a new display from a Chinese dealer, it wasn't cheap, it cost me around $100 USD, I just wish I had the LCD version instead.... My point: avoid OLED https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OLED#Lifespan

JR.

Post by JR. » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:17 am

AnalogJoe wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:10 am
weroflu wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:00 am
c12,14.16 gone.

Metering will be done post unbalancing right before the 5k mixing resistors. Going with attiny84 somethings on each channel card, 10 leds, will try to emulate an lm3916 with the mcu. low current leds and peak metering should not be too much of a current draw. (led color render is messed up, it's supposed to show as 8 greens, 1 yellow, 1 red)

I'm hoping that those mini jacks (which are soldered to the motherboard) will squeak into the tins.

That's about it for the design I think. The rest is making it work and writing code.
Hopefuly OLED technollogy will die soon, OLED displays have their days numbered, my U1273A meter has an OLED display, I regret buying it every day, at first it lwas beautiful to look at, now its impossible to read because the display is so dark, it makes sense since it has organic materials which decay over time, I had to buy a new display from a Chinese dealer, it wasn't cheap, it cost me around $100 USD, I just wish I had the LCD version instead.... My point: avoid OLED https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OLED#Lifespan
not to feed the veer but IIRC OLED displays were supposed to be the next great display technology. That short life seems like a swing and a miss...

JR
It's nice to be nice.

weroflu

Post by weroflu » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:37 am

Oled: Show me how I can use lcd in a smaller footprint than what I'm using now.

I managed to squeeze the 6th channel back in by offloading the p/s onto a mini card.

Getting close to a board run and then I saw the That 6261, hmmm.

It wouldn't be hard to add a master channel with gain/attenuation now. a pair of 1646/1606's after the summing and one 6261.
edit: i didn't look closely enough, the adc driver is not bypassable. Not sure if this is a good idea.