A Modern Loftech TS-1 Audio Test Set

Where we discuss new analog design ideas for Pro Audio and modern spins on vintage ones.
Carl_Huff

Re: A Modern Loftech TS-1 Audio Test Set

Post by Carl_Huff » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:52 pm

Any progress to report on this John??

JR.

Post by JR. » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:37 am

I have been distracted by life,,, always things to fix and/or improve.

I have wanted to do a next, better version of this for almost 30 years, and the modern technology would make this easy-peasy. That said I don't need yet another time/money black hole. I determined decades ago this would not be a hugely profitable venture.

I like the idea of a drop in board swap to bring an old tired TS-1 back to life, stronger and better, but it is hard to avoid feature creep as this thread reveals. A digital/software based audio engine could support lots of new tricks, but display/control interface needs to accommodate the new tricks.

The simplest is just a board swap that covers the original functions (only better).

I would still love to do something like this, but maybe not this lifetime... 8-)

JR

mediatechnology

Post by mediatechnology » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:00 am

I like the idea of a drop in board swap to bring an old tired TS-1 back to life, stronger and better, but it is hard to avoid feature creep as this thread reveals. A digital/software based audio engine could support lots of new tricks, but display/control interface needs to accommodate the new tricks.

The simplest is just a board swap that covers the original functions (only better).
Fluke 8050A Meter Displays: https://madnessinthedarkness.transsys.c ... r_displays