Frank Lloyd Wright

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
mediatechnology

Frank Lloyd Wright

Post by mediatechnology »

I don't normally post real estate listings here but architecture is an interest of mine.

My wife sent me the listing for this Frank Lloyd Wright designed property in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
It is an architectural and design feast for the eyes.
For $1.2M it's yours.

Enjoy the stunning images: There are 92 more https://www.howardhanna.com/Property/De ... MI/3257144

JR.

Re: Frank Lloyd Wright

Post by JR. »

Nice.. I think I may have seen that house written up before, but he has some really odd ones, cantilevered off hill sides and with running water under them.

I briefly flirted with the idea of designing my own house, on a great piece of dirt outside Atlanta, but that never happened.

I probably would have lived to regret some of my ideas. I was going to build a green house into the attic on one end using a glass roof sections over that, with a hot tub in the green house, accessed from the master bedroom.

How could that possibly go wrong? :lol:

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
Gold

Re: Frank Lloyd Wright

Post by Gold »

There are four Frank Lloyd Wright houses in Buffalo NY. The largest is owned by the University at Buffalo and is open to the public. The other three are privately owned. A friend of mine lives in a lovely Craftsman bungalow with all the original fixtures including leaded windows and cabinetry. Across the street on an unassuming block is a Frank Lloyd Wright house. When you sit on his porch you see it. The street is Tillinghast Pl if you are a Google earther.
mediatechnology

The Sea Ranch

Post by mediatechnology »

Some Thoughts About Sea Ranch and the Third Wave Bay Area Style
Linkwitz Lab: http://linkwitzlab.com/Sea-Ranch/sea_ranch-neutra.htm