Brad Wood aka Bcarso

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
mediatechnology

Brad Wood aka Bcarso

Post by mediatechnology »

Going through some old files I found a short resume Brad Wood aka "Bcarso" had sent me. I wanted to share it for those that knew him and those that admired his work and contributions.
Brad Wood

Electronics Engineer with extensive analog and digital design experience, specializing for the last 23 years in audio systems. Also have a substantial background in photonic scientific-research-oriented instrumentation, having served as a research engineer at UCLA from 1968 to 1985.

Recent work has involved home theater systems and high-volume products for multimedia and iPod-centric applications. Disciplines brought to bear have included analog and digital circuit and system design, while working closely with transducer, acoustical, and mechanical engineers, firmware developers, and PCB layout designers to optimize system solutions.

Responsible for the majority of the amplifier and signal-processing designs of several successful Harman products, including Soundsticks, Creature, On Tour, and On Stage. Other clients have included Klipsch, Polk, Mondo USA, and Aurasound. I recently had significant design responsibilities for an all-in-one home theater system for Epson America, Ensemble HD, which features a motorized screen with built-in left, center, and right channel speakers and a centralized IR remote control processor, and a 5.1 channel amplifier system in the subwoofer with multi-band parametric boundary EQ.

Additional recent activities include serving as the principal designer of a new line of switchmode power amplifiers for Blue Blade Audio, which are achieving state-of-the-art noise and distortion performance. Products under development include associated DAC and wireless modules.

I have a keen sense of cost-benefit tradeoffs and manufacturing constraints. Clients get the benefit of general experience while having their designs tailored to the specific requirements for performance. Designs ranging from highly integrated solutions to discrete transistor topologies can be supplied, as is appropriate for the given product. Particular attention is given to the use of multiple-sourced components where possible, and selection of major manufacturers for key parts.

In addition to a well-equipped lab and powerful simulation tools, I work with excellent subcontractors for code generation, PCB layout, and mechanical design.

I hold five patents to date.
March 9, 2009 Bradley Wood.
JR.

Re: Brad Wood aka Bcarso

Post by JR. »

IIRC you may have shared that before but thanks again...

Yes Brad was one of the small handful of ne plus ultra analog design engineers I have been lucky enough to know. RIP...

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
emrr

Re: Brad Wood aka Bcarso

Post by emrr »

Thanks for sharing this.
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders