The Lonely Amek M3000

This is where we talk about testing, measuring and repairing things. Sometimes we have to repair the equipment we use to test, measure and repair other things. It's an endless cycle of fixing the broken things we need to fix other broken things.
gettestudios

Re: The Lonely Amek M3000

Post by gettestudios »

One more thing, Documentation has the Q pot at 250K log, where as the channel has 220K log.... Hmmm wonder what it would sound like if i wen back to 250K log pot....
JR.

Post by JR. »

It depends if they scaled the other values.. at most a slight difference in Q at the extreme.

I wouldn't expect a big difference, how often do you push EQ knobs to extremes?

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
gettestudios

Post by gettestudios »

JR- Looks like i need to grab a calc and start remembering formulas...

As i stated in the other forum, I do actively do this on a repair side every day, the concept of a rebuild/redesign is not all that foreign or new to me.
i ask the basics, due to a lack of a formal education in the field, along with a little level of re assurance that my thinking is on the right track.

With the experience that you have along with others here on the forum, i would be an idiot not to take your advice and guidance into account. I like pushing the envelope, but you kinda have to know were the cliff edge is.

I will go out on a limb and post my interpretation of the EQ, either later today or in the am...

Thanks again!

Joel
gettestudios

Post by gettestudios »

Well with knowledge comes dismay... Looks like my lonely M3000 is in fact the first one built and was installed into Amazon studios England..... Not confirmed as of yet, but it is more likely then not. This changes things a bit, from a redesign to a restore. even as eager as i am to try to re invent the wheel. It would be a shame to destroy a piece of history like that.....

I will update as soon as i get a definitive answer.

Joel
JR.

Post by JR. »

I'm afraid I am not so nostalgic for my first build consoles. I'd prefer they get sent into deep space, or perhaps dropped into the Marianis trench. :lol:

JR
gettestudios

Post by gettestudios »

It's confirmed. It is the first M3000 ever built.... Guess this will be a thread on refurbishing instead of redesigning.

I will post pics and progress. for now, have make a huge order for cable and start wiring a patch bay...
gettestudios

Post by gettestudios »

JR- I hear ya, however this console holds allot of history. But more importantly is it does sound good. I am in contact with Langley and Franks, its how i confirmed it's origin.
JR.

Post by JR. »

If you plan to make it historical see if you can get some written provenance (proof), that may increase it's value when your kids or wife sell it. :lol:

JR
gettestudios

Post by gettestudios »

I have mis-spoken, not confirmed to be the first/prototype M3000 just yet. Should know for sure in the next couple of days. If, anything i will at least be able to share the true history of the console even if it is not the one from Amazon.

Joel
brianroth

Post by brianroth »

gettestudios wrote:Ok here it is, the M3000 EQ Schematic as it was drawn on the documentation. Only change is, U1.1A, U4.1A, U6.1A, U8.1A was originally a TDA1034, I am showing it as a TL072, and i also removed the 33pF comp cap.

With the exception of the IC change mentioned earlier. This is exactly what was documented and now the internet world has access to it.

Joel
Hmmmmm...I don't seem to see the schematic in the message, or a link to it......

Bri
Professional audio and video systems design/installation/maintenance.
www.BrianRoth.com