US Postal Service Air/Sea Shipment Diversion

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
mediatechnology

Re: US Postal Service Air/Sea Shipment Diversion

Post by mediatechnology »

Surveillance Camera Captures 'Huge Pile Of Mail' Dumped In California Parking Lots
Several bags of mail were dumped in two Glendale, California parking lots, with one dumping caught by a surveillance camera, according to KTLA.

The second incident was captured on video outside 7Q Spa Laser & Aesthetics.

"It happened early in the morning, 5:40, and it was a Budget rental, big truck, that backed up to the parking lot. And they’re like, slowly, one by one, they’re dropping the packages," said Lilia Serobian, one of the owners of the spa, adding that the "huge pile" contained various sizes of packages, and all of it was US mail.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/sur ... rking-lots
It sure is bright for 05:37. Sunrise in Glendale today is at 06:31. Maybe the security camera isn't DST-corrected.

Looks like it might be a good time to start using UPS for everything.
crin

Re: US Postal Service Air/Sea Shipment Diversion

Post by crin »

a feast for dumpster divers… :D do they still put cheques in the mail in the US?

(good observation re the time of the crime. the shadows look more like 7-/8-ish. i think they made pre-dawn illegal a long time ago.)
some people are in charge of pens
that shouldn't be in charge of brooms
(graham parker, "Don't Let It Break You Down")
mediatechnology

Now Shipping Internationally

Post by mediatechnology »

I just sent two packages to northern Europe and the transport times seem to be about normal again.

I've turned international shipping on the KA Store back on.

Some locations may still be slow due to a lack of flights but it looks like the USPS have gotten creative with their routing.
A shipment to Finand went to Tokyo first and then took a polar route to Finland.