crystal ball

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
JR.

Re: crystal ball

Post by JR. »

connecting a few dots already in the news...

dot #1 Amazon is looking at buying underused mall spaces for warehousing and order fulfillment.

dot #2 Amazon already own whole foods.

So my next prediction #17 is that Amazon returns to bricks and mortar sales from bargain basement mall real estate after squashing the old line bricks and mortar merchants. Maybe a few years off but when they draw customers into their mall spaces to pick up orders, they won't be able to resist add on sales. If they do it slow enough people won't even realize it happened.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
JR.

Post by JR. »

mediatechnology wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:17 pm #11 JR's battle with squirrels is going to escalate in the coming weeks.
as my pecan harvest approaches I am seeing evidence of squirrels eating my pecans, but I have yet to see an actual squirrel in my trees. Clever little tree rats.

===

this seems almost too obvious but #18 I predict the ugliest election in my lifetime... with an option of violence. (I hope I'm wrong about the violence).

JR
mediatechnology

Post by mediatechnology »

this seems almost too obvious but #18 I predict the ugliest election in my lifetime... with an option of violence. (I hope I'm wrong about the violence).
I don't think you're going to be wrong about their childish tantrums. They've promised us they will.
We're already in a "warm" soon-to-be hot civil war.
mediatechnology

Lumber Prices

Friend of mine came back from Lowes today and saw 2x4x16ft studs at $17 each.
"Why Minnesota lumber prices are going through the roof"

Sawmills and strand-board manufacturers are struggling to keep up with demand from home construction and DIY projects.

https://www.startribune.com/in-a-snap-l ... 572321452/
Gold

Post by Gold »

mediatechnology wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:54 am #6 Gold will break through it's all-time September 2011 high within the next 5 trading days...

I was just thinking I need better weed.
mediatechnology

Gold wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:34 am
mediatechnology wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:54 am #6 Gold will break through it's all-time September 2011 high within the next 5 trading days...

:lol:
JR.

Post by JR. »

Gold wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:34 am

I can't remember the last time I smoked wacky tobacky, but I was under the impression they were growing it stronger these days... ;)

The worst stuff I recall was the "rope" they were selling around Ft Riley in 1970... During WWII the government planted hemp in the area to make rope for the war effort. I suspect more than a little of that rope found its way into soldier's doobies. :lol:

JR
Gold

Post by Gold »

In the states where it’s legal there are brand names. It's morphing into a consumer product. You can get very high THC content these days.
JR.

Post by JR. »

Gold wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:26 pm In the states where it’s legal there are brand names. It's morphing into a consumer product. You can get very high THC content these days.
Canada is well ahead of the US wrt legalized pot for recreational use nationwide, while medical marijuana is pretty much a wink and a nod joke in many states. Making this legal gives sellers incentives to breed for different characteristics like (THC) to differentiate at POS.

I smoked a lifetime worth back in the 60s... :lol:

JR
JR.

Post by JR. »

mediatechnology wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:32 am
I don't think you're going to be wrong about their childish tantrums. They've promised us they will.
We're already in a "warm" soon-to-be hot civil war.
This is a variant on #18 but I predict Speaker Pelosi is only pretending to negotiate a stimulus bill with the administration to delay it and interfere with the Judge Barrett confirmation. I hope I'm wrong, but it is unlikely that the speaker wants to see a rose garden stimulus bill signing ceremony, just before the vote. :roll:

[update- I think senate leader McConnel is onto her game so not playing along. This is also taking attention away from the Biden family business./update]
[update2. add Tony Bobulinski to suicide watch list.... :lol: /update]
JR