crystal ball

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
JR.

Re: crystal ball

Post by JR. »

I predict Kamala will be our first black, female, president (sooner rather than later). Is it still OK to note that she is female?

[update- that will check off multiple diversity boxes with a single stroke... :lol: /update]

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
mediatechnology

Post by mediatechnology »

#20: Silver at $100.
JR.

Post by JR. »

mediatechnology wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:34 am #20: Silver at $100.
I added some silver (SLV) to my gold position in my stock account months ago. Its up 16% since I added it, while my much older gold (GLD) position is only up 5% (up 5% is better than down 20% like it was a couple years ago).

Reportedly the same reddit gambler/investor/day traders are trying to push up silver prices just like they did Gamestop and other heavily shorted stocks. Perhaps they need to search the "Hunt Brothers" to see how trying to manipulate silver markets turned out the last time.

JR
[update- silver is now up 22%, I am not good at timing, but I need to sell some before it deflates.

An unintended consequence of this short squeeze ripping the face off of multiple short funds is that they need to sell their successful long positions to meet margin calls. This means some good stocks will be on sale. /update]
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.