Guitar Center, Largest US Retailer Of Music Instruments, Files For Bankruptcy (Again)

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
mediatechnology

Guitar Center, Largest US Retailer Of Music Instruments, Files For Bankruptcy (Again)

Post by mediatechnology »

Guitar Center, Largest US Retailer Of Music Instruments, Files For Bankruptcy

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/guita ... bankruptcy
JR.

Re: Guitar Center, Largest US Retailer Of Music Instruments, Files For Bankruptcy

Post by JR. »

again... probably to scrape off bricks and mortar baggage to go 100% web sales.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
mediatechnology

Re: Guitar Center, Largest US Retailer Of Music Instruments, Files For Bankruptcy

Isn't this their second or third bankruptcy?
JR.

Post by JR. »

mediatechnology wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:20 am Isn't this their second or third bankruptcy?
something like that, they have changed hands multiple times, I don't even recognize the current ownership. They were bought by Bain capital in 07 but now somebody else.

The fact that they remain in business at all demonstrates how much extra liquidity is sloshing around the economy. :-(

JR
emrr

Post by emrr »

JR. wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:41 am The fact that they remain in business at all demonstrates how much extra liquidity is sloshing around the economy. :-(
Enough sloshing for pirates to take to the sea!
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
JR.

Post by JR. »

emrr wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:13 pm
JR. wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:41 am The fact that they remain in business at all demonstrates how much extra liquidity is sloshing around the economy. :-(
Enough sloshing for pirates to take to the sea!
when the tide of liquidity goes out again we will see who is wearing swim trunks... :lol:

JR
mediatechnology

I went to the local Guitar Center in Cedar Hill just before Christmas to buy a second Focusrite 2i2.
I first checked with Lancaster Music, a smaller shop, where I had bought the last one, before reluctantly going to GC.
I was about a mile away from GC when I learned Lancaster didn't have it so I stopped by.
I'd been to GC Cedar Hill about a year earlier to get a Tascam field recorder for my daughter and it went well enough.

This time was different.
I entered the store and the clerk greeted me immediately.
I told him what I needed and he gladly said he'd go get one.

Then, out of nowhere, this overweight soy boy "manager" walked up with a box of masks and got in my face demanding I wear one.
I respectfully refused and was asked to leave so I did.
They could have offered to deliver it curbside but they didn't: The mask policy was more important than any sale.

I found a 2i2 locally at AudioDAWg, ordered it online, received excellent service and had it UPS the next day.

Never again will I visit a Guitar Center.