digital thermometers.... arghhh

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
JR.

Re: digital thermometers.... arghhh

Post by JR. »

terkio wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:43 am Always wrong...
Is that from bad measurements or bad software ?
Don't know, could be either or both.
May be, there is an update available to hopefully turn it into a Quite right ?
I removed the batteries and put it out of my misery. I could take it apart, but have no expectations of software upgrade. Probably a flash programmed micro inside.

The new improved unit has far better features, like high/low temp/humidity tracking, indoor/outdoor temp/humidity, barometric pressure trends etc. And clearly more accurate weather forecasting.

This morning my outdoor thermometer is reading high because of morning sun hitting the remote, but I can see the overnight low (28') and frost on the grass to estimate it is colder than the present reading. The new improved unit supports as many as three remote temperature sensors so I could add up to two more external temp sensors later ($15 ea). No hurry.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
JR.

Re: digital thermometers.... arghhh

Post by JR. »

looks like I need to rename my weather forecaster "rarely wrong" instead fo "never wrong". Since last night we have accumulated 1/2" of rain, but forecast stubbornly says cloudy. True it is cloudy, but what about the rain?

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.