PayPal, ugh!

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
JR.

Re: PayPal, ugh!

Post by JR. »

raf wrote:PayPal has stopped letting people move money to their PayPal accounts from their bank accounts.
They have not allowed this type of transaction for me for six months.
That's interesting... In over a decade I've only moved money the other direction, out of my paypal acct and into my real bank.
The rep said;
"We are not a bank and you don't need money in PayPal to use it"
???? If you don't have money in your paypal acct how do you use it to buy something?
"This happens to everyone at some point"
not me so far.
Looks like it will be happening to everyone sooner than later.
I generate a positive balance from selling stuff with paypal, so money goes the other way.
So, remind me what PayPal is for?
an easier less painful way to transact sales vs, taking credit cards that keep getting more of a PIA all the time with security issues.
Sounds to me like they have zero purpose!
their purpose is to make profits for their owners.
Btw, I have stellar ratings, the only problem I ever had was when I got ripped for $160 from one of those Chinese counterfeiters selling re-branded ICs.
I sent the ICs back to China for a refund, but the seller said they never received it. Then they said I sent it to the wrong address, which was the one they gave me.
RIPPED! $160, ouch!

Anyway, real businesses may want to re-think using PayPal!
Thanks for the warning but since I've never tried to send money to my paypal acct I haven't noticed.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
emrr

Post by emrr »

Forcing use of credit, removal of fee discount for use of cash....in their interest, not ours.
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
JR.

Post by JR. »

emrr wrote:Forcing use of credit, removal of fee discount for use of cash....in their interest, not ours.
Understood... I accept both paypal and credit cards because so many people are vocal about hating paypal.

If paypal becomes even more unpopular it will shoot itself in the foot,,, but CC security keeps getting more complicated.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
Gold

Post by Gold »

I signed up for Vimeo. I'm only paying my book keeper with it but it seems to work. No fees. I don't know if it's an option for international transactions.
mediatechnology

Post by mediatechnology »

I've bailed on PayPal and ebay both.

etsy takes PayPal or Credit Cards but it's transparent to me.
Not using PayPal and ebay let me cut some prices.
etsy has been a wonderful venue though its taken Google awhile to find me there.

RF:
I recall something on the PayPal forums some time ago about infrequent use of linked bank accounts requires them to be re-linked.
I'm not sure the rep gave you good information.
If this is a policy change that's happened recently I wouldn't know.

I unlinked my bank from them and now only use PayPal to send money which is only rarely.
I sent Walt Jung a donation recently for an eBook and that's been about it.
mediatechnology

Post by mediatechnology »

You might look at Skrill.