HYPEX DLCP EOL

A place for software, hardware and DSP-based audio gizmos. All things code and the hardware that runs it. Time and amplitude are described in bits and pieces here. Links to interesting gizmos and software.
JR.

HYPEX DLCP EOL

Post by JR. »

Hypex just announced end of life for their DLCP Digital loudspeaker DSP controller. At EU 275 I never seriously looked at this but it appears competent and soon to be gone. https://www.diyclassd.com/img/upload/do ... P_04xx.pdf

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
mediatechnology

Re: HYPEX DLCP EOL

Post by mediatechnology »

It looks like it could have had some potential in test and measurement as well.
billshurv

Post by billshurv »

It was very good, but the User interface wasn't as polished as the miniDSP offerings. I believe a shedload were sold in the hypex plate amps which are a very sensible solution for an active 2-way design.
emrr

Post by emrr »

hmm, new version coming?
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
JR.

Post by JR. »

emrr wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:49 am hmm, new version coming?
My guess is that they were not a sales success.

I just got another notice about bonus freebies.

My read is that they are exiting that business, but I have no inside information about that.

JR
they sez wrote: EOL announcement DLCP

Being sold over many years now the life of our DLCP has come to an end unfortunately. All those years the DLCP was the best DIY DSP platform you could buy but as with most products the sales numbers are gradually decreasing to a level we can no longer continue this product. The DLCP, DLCP Add-on set and SMPS DLCP can still be bought till 01-01-2020. Until then we have a special offer for anyone who has the DLCP on his/her bucket list. See below.

!!! Buy the DLCP and DLCP Add-on set here and we will add one SMPS DLCP and Hypex remote control for free !!!

https://www.diyclassd.com/product/dlcp/16
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.