Mid Side M-S Matrix Construction Information

Construction information for DIY projects, including the MS Mid Side Matrix, Elliptic Equalizer, Mastering Console, Phono Transfer System, Insert Switcher and the Dual Class-A Amplifier. You can post your baby pictures here.
mediatechnology

Re: Mid Side M-S Matrix Construction Information

Post by mediatechnology »

Wow, the jigs and results are impressive.

What is the wrench in the top right-hand corner of the first frame?
I have one of those in the garage that was my Dad's.

I have a letter and number punch set similar to yours that I inherited from either my Dad or brother.
Gold

Re: Mid Side M-S Matrix Construction Information

Post by Gold »

mediatechnology wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:07 pm What is the wrench in the top right-hand corner of the first frame?
I have one of those in the garage that was my Dad's.

I have a letter and number punch set similar to yours that I inherited from either my Dad or brother.
The wrench in the drawer is for a Foredom rotary tool. I think that particular wrench may be for an angle grinder attachment that I sold because I didn't use it.

I bought three letter and number sets. I have 1/4", 3/16" and 1/8". I also have some special characters in different sizes. The original plan was to do engraved faceplates. This was supposed to be a stopgap measure. I don't have the money, space, time or energy to do the engraved faceplates. Maybe in the future. I also realized I've spent a small fortune on this setup. The templates cost me a couple of thousand bucks to have made and the hand stamps were somewhere in that neighborhood as well. Not to mention the hundreds of hours I put in figuring out the technique.