Banned from GDIY but still alive

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
AnalogJoe

Banned from GDIY but still alive

Post by AnalogJoe »

Well, some of you might know me from GDIY, I am Analog Joe aka Dualflip. I was 'strongly pressured to comply' after I complained repeatedly about the new management and Groupbuilder's policies. After I started deleting my own posts, Angie (the forum moderator) decided it was best to ban me before I finished my job and risk loosing any profitable hits coming from search engines, so I was "let go" after 15 years of being a member of that forum, and my posts are now theirs to do whatever they want with them.

Anyway, that is not why I am here. I miss talking audio, and I also must reckon I miss chatting with good ol' John and Wayne. So, hopefully, I wont get banned from this forum for complaining about not wanting to 'give away a donation subscription to another member' at half price during the Black Friday Special, or some crap like that. I do promise to behave, though....

I'm not exactly a new member here, but haven't been really active and just lately I decided to post here more often, so, hi to you all!
Bonum certamen certavi, cursum consumavi, fidem servavi.
mediatechnology

Re: Banned from GDIY but still alive

Post by mediatechnology »

Welcome!
I was wondering about that.
What an interesting story. Very similar to my 2007 exit.
Nice to see your avatar around these parts.
JR.

Post by JR. »

yo Joe... good to see you are still vertical.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
AnalogJoe

Post by AnalogJoe »

Nice to see yall, seems like it will be interesting here with the good guys.
mediatechnology

It's a sleepy town without much action at night but the sidewalks never roll up.
AnalogJoe

Post by AnalogJoe »

Well, it's like GDIY minus the noise, if you ask me. Many of the guys that know their stuff have already left (NYDave, Sam Groner, etc...), and, usually, the few that remain are the ones really contributing with good audio talk; usually JR, yourself, Abbey, Thor and....???? The majority of users are just looking for help with their projects or stirring up the pot at the brewery (I confess I was guilty of this at times).
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

This forum is a treasure trove of analog design and I come here to steal ideas all the time. The "brewery" is better here, I wear my tin foil hat with pride.
mediatechnology

Thank you for joining us Heikki!
AnalogJoe

Post by AnalogJoe »

Welcome, Heikki
ruffrecords

Post by ruffrecords »

Hey Joe,

Thank s for contacting me and reminding me of this place. As you know I was suspicious of groupbuilder from the start - my thread of that same title was deleted. I have been a member here for ages but have rarely visited. Maybe I will now.

Cheers

Ian